Monday, August 13, 2007

730 days

So here we are. 730 days in. Two years, 104 weeks, 24 months.

Depending on how you say it, it sounds either forever or hardly any time at all.

Which is ironic, cos thats exactly how it feels.

I'm amazed at how quickly that time has gone, and yet I feel that there has been so much that I've felt.

For two whole years now there has been one person whose feelings, movements, thoughts, dreams, appetite, sleeping patterns, taste in films, taste in music, ideas, libido, sense of humour, frustrations and everything in between has influenced my own.

And despite all the times he annoys me or frustrates me or argues back (!?) I still find myself thinking about him and wishing the hours away til I see him.

It's a funny old thing, this love concept.

When we first got together there was a lot of scepticism, and I don't think it just came from my people. Josh had only just turned 20 when we met, and I was an ancient 24. I didn't want a relationship when we met, in fact it was the last thing on my mind. But as I walked back into my house that fateful Saturday morning, I already felt a little firework explode inside my heart.

So what brought an impatient young teacher and a very young, placid filmmaking student together? And why is it so inexplicably right?

I don't know. But it is.

And anyway, you know what Peter Allen said...

Love don't need a reason.

No comments: