Monday, October 15, 2007

I'm sick of...

... being sick! I got a really bad cold about three days into the school holidays, and have felt gross ever since. So I went back to work last week, and had so much on, that my cold just got worse and worse.

When I was talking to the other girls, we came to the conclusion that in our jobs, we just have to accept that we'll be sick pretty much the whole time from between about April/May to early November. The abominably early mornings, the straining our voices constantly above the din of classroom chatter, the sniffles, coughs and sneezes all over us as snotty kids try and tell us they need more time on their essay, they need to go to sick bay, can they go to the toilet please?, Miss -- can you sign this note etc etc.

I fall into exhaustion from all the caring, caring, caring, listening to 29 whining voices, only to be told by the bell after 45 minutes that I have to move onto the next 29 strains of colds and flu and high-pitched voices.

It is absolutely, definitely categorically time for career #2. Or just another job. I said to Josh last night, "maybe I'll have a baby, and not have to work.' That was met with a fairly determined 'no'.

So the hunt is on. The question now is... for what??

No comments: